Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Speed of Light (Fenestra #3)

SPOILER ALERT

I can't but feel as though I missed out on something great. I was expecting so much from this book and I guess I technically received everything I was hoping for but in the wrong way. The first two books blew me off my feet, I loved them so much and then the third book came out and I was honestly disappointed.
I just had no problem at all with closing this book and setting it down for hours on end, there were no real cliff hangers that kept me up late into the night like the first two books did for me. Yes it had action, yes it had romance, yes it had resolutions. But I felt like the delivery was all wrong. Juliet was portrayed as somewhat of a whiny brat, and I don't like to view Juliet in that light at all. Tens was just kind of...there. Which really upset me, he's Meridian's protector for Pete's sake! He needs to be more "protective", maybe I'm just a sucker for a good knight in shining armor.
My biggest upset was how much Meridian has changed into this too-old-for-her-age-oh-wise-fenestra-that-knows-everything-about-everything. I really do miss the Meridian we knew in the first two novels who had weaknesses, who had trouble with finding her window, who was a more realistic character. I understand that characters need to change over time but I feel like Meridian progressed in the wrong direction.
It was a generally good read, but it did leave a bland taste in my mouth.


Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers

No comments:

Post a Comment