Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Heaven(Halo, #3)

*****Spoiler Alert*****

I was looking forward to reading this book since i finished Hades a long time ago. I wanted a fantastic ending to a fantastic series. Alas, I was disappointed.
Her writing in this book was unlike the other two (unfortunately). I couldn't get lost in this book, I could easily put it down and not get back to it for a day or two.
Besides the writing style being different, the overall storyline was much different than Halo or Hades. In the other two books obviously religion played a big role (They're angels...duh). But it was never forced down your throat. In Heaven I definitely felt it got preachy at times. It was just too much 'goody goody religion' for me.
The whole thign with Gabriel willing to give up his wings for Xavier was a bit too far for me. He's THE ANGEL GABRIEL. He's never going to give up his wings for a human no matter how much they mean to him. He just isnt going to do that. I couldn't believe she put that in the story.
Along with the human thing, Gabriel kissing Molly...I dont think so. No, just no. Him being doubtful and questioning his beliefs...he's an archangel for Heaven's sake (no pun intended), he's NEVER going to question his beliefs.
Ivy turned bitter, also. Ivy has also been the loving, kind, motherly figure, and that all just flew out the window. I missed the old Ivy. She turned into super fighter Ivy. Not okay.
The ending was exactly how I wanted it but I guess I almost wish it would have been more difficult. I mean, she escaped Heaven fairly easily...I'm still not sure how. Some winged guys coming along and throwing her into a pit of rainbows? Yeah, really confusing.
Adornetto definitely sped through this book, almost like she couldn't wait to be finished writing it. They get married, BOOM the priest dies, BOOM they go to college, BOOM she goes to heaven, BOOM she escapes, BOOM they live happily ever after. This book might have been better if she would have added another 200 pages to it, more time in everything. Just way too fast.


Publisher: Feiwell and Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment