Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hate List

Hate List by Jennifer Brown

*Spoilers*
I had high hopes for this book when I first picked it up. It had potential to be a life-changing story, but I was disappointed. The story line was good and bad. I'm not even sure what exactly it was that it was missing, but something WASN'T there. I don't know if the book maybe would have benefited from spending more time with Nick before the shooting, maybe we would have gotten more perspectives. And I expected the art studio owner a to amount to an integral character, because she was first portrayed as being so mysterious and automatically knowing Valerie's name. But she really wasn't anything other than someone who let her paint on her canvases. 
The idea of the book was good and the the novel was generally good, but I just felt like it could have done so much more.

Pusblisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers

No comments:

Post a Comment